Seven Questions You Should Expect To Hear Upon Hiring an Divorce Attorney
#1 What is your story?
- What happened between you and your spouse to put you in front of a divorce attorney?
- What are your concerns, questions, and other issues that are keeping you up at night worrying?
- Your divorce attorney will need to know.
The important points the attorney will be looking for are when you were married, how long you have been married, what happened during the marriage, what did not happen during the marriage, your income and employment situation, the children and why you are in the situation you are in.
At Jack’s Law Office, we need to know your questions first.
#2 What do you want?
- Leave the home? Relocate?
- What are your goals, both short term, and long term?
#3 What is your financial situation?
- Do you know what accounts you do or don’t have?
- Do you have a list of assets and liabilities?
- Do you have a balance sheet?
#4 Does your spouse know that you are here?
- Does your spouse know that you want to terminate the marriage?
- Have you talked to each other about splitting up?
- Have you talked about the kids or property division?
- Do the kids know?
#5 What are the best thing and the worse thing your spouse is going to say about you?
#6 How are you going to afford a divorce attorney?
What about six, 12 or 15 months later, if the case is still going on?
Worried about how much it will cost to settle your case?
Take the guesswork out of divorce fees. Click here to learn more.